There’s plenty of Obstacle Races out there now and some are harder than others. So what makes them specifically tough – well mostly the distance and the number of obstacles and the ‘race’ element. Remember – we’re a community so please comment on what you think is the toughest!
- Spartan Beast – the hardest of their series, this is a 12 mile obstacle race set in Kent.
- Tough Mudder – probably the most well known of obstacle races out there and with three locations in the UK – Scotland, Cheshire and Kettering.
- Total Warrior – the 10 mile option on the Sunday is the one to go for. This race is set in the Lake District, which with its hilly terrain and obstacles make it hit the tough list.
- Tough Guy - the original obstacle race around 8 miles in length and lots of obstacles along the way.
- Demon Run Series – new to the obstacle racing scene, the Demon Series offer a 10 mile option across London, Glasgow, Belfast and Wales.
- Mudrunner Icebreaker Duathlon- we like this one because it’s a bit different. A duathlon with a muddy course and obstacles for the run leg.
- Hellrunner - not strictly a obstacle race, but a hilly muddy trail run that isn’t for the faint hearted.
- Wild Thing – one of four from AAA adventure. This is only a 10km but it’s tough because it’s essentially a cross country with obstacles. There’s also a large race element which makes it fast and therefore tough. It has two laps, which means double hills, double assault course and double everything!
Do you agree? Leave your comments below!